Twice Baked Potatoes

My ex-step-mother-in-law used to make these twice-baked potatoes that were SO GOOD. They had a nice tangy taste from sour cream, and there were mushrooms in there, and who knows what-all else. I was wondering how I could replicate that taste without resorting to "cashew cream" or "tofu sour cream" or what have you. I'm not loving the cashew stuff and I can't eat much soy.

It occurred to me that hummus mixed with the mashed potato would give it that same sort of tang and a bit of creaminess. Garlic hummus, even, so I would not have to fart around chopping garlic. And maybe some green onions. 

Now, my husband thinks he hates mushrooms. However, he likes mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter and red wine. So, rather than chopping the mushrooms into the potatoes, I could make the garlic mushrooms to pour over top. 

A side of roasted green beans, and something fresh like creamy cucumbers would make a nice meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couscous Salad

Mexican Veggie Soup